- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Inside Heifer
- Ideas in Action
Ten Things You Can Do Today to End Hunger
1. Feed your mind. Visit one of Heifer International’s learning centers to experience ways that you can make a difference.
2. Get busy. Volunteer for local or national organizations that fight world hunger and poverty. Nonprofit groups are often the strongest voice for the hungry.
4. Buy “fair.” Fair trade products ensure farmers and craftspeople in developing countries receive an adequate price for products and services and help them better support their families. Support Heifer International with earth- and artisan-friendly goods. Shop@Heifer today.
6. Go and see. Join a Heifer Study Tour, where you can interact with people around the globe, learn about their communities, their lives and their struggles. You will return reinvigorated in your commitment to end hunger.
7. Bring Your Commitment home. Shop at your local farmers market and support small farmers. The food is fresher, and your dollars help those living in your community. Learn more about how to eat local year-round.
8. Use the Power of the Pen. Write your State and
9. Be an Ambassador. Get your church, social group, family or civic club to help in the fight against hunger. Grassroots efforts make a dramatic difference in the lives of hungry families, as well as provide a strong voice of representation in governments. Download Heifer's faith community resources to help deepen your congregation's understanding of stewardship and giving to those in need.
10. Continue Passing on the Gift. Share your knowledge with your children and encourage them to get involved in the quest to end hunger. Ensure your commitment to ending hunger will burn in the next generation. Learn more about Passing on the Gift.